Long since known for its blast on bagels, Red Goose Everything seasoning is a fabulous topping on Soft Pretzels!
Enjoy these delicious pretzels with mustard or just warm, fresh out of the oven, all on their own.
Red Goose Oktoberfest Soft Pretzels with Everything Topping
Makes 6 – 5 ounce Pretzel Sticks
2 lbs. Frozen Bread or Pizza Dough (Any Brand)
3/4 Cup Baking Soda
2 Qts. Water
½ Cup Red Goose Everything Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thaw frozen bread dough in the refrigerator overnight or until completely soft and pliable.
- Place the water in a non-reactive saucepan or metal casserole dish of at least 2” of depth and 9” to 10” in diameter then stir in the baking soda until it dissolves. Place the solution over medium low heat until it JUST simmers.
- Portion the dough into 6 equal pieces approximately 5 + ounces each.
- Roll out each portion of dough into an 8″ long, thick stick. Repeat for the remaining pieces.
- Let the sticks rest 5 minutes.
- Place the dough sticks in the gently simmering baking water and poach on both sides approximately 2 to 3 minutes rolling over the sticks as they “poach”.
- Remove the sticks with a slotted spatula and place on a non-stick baking pan (approximately 2″ apart from one another). You may also want to spray this pan lightly with a non-stick vegetable spray.
- While the dough sticks are still moist and VERY sticky, sprinkle evenly, and heavily, with the EVERYTHING SEASONING so that it will stick to the dough.
- Before baking, slash each dough stick with a sharp knife with diagonal cuts approximately 1/4″ deep and 1″ to 2″ apart. Bake for approximately 20 to 30 minutes or until the “Pretzel Loaves” are medium brown and baked through.
- Serve plain or with your favorite mustard.